Friday, April 23, 2010

In Response to Sam's Post...


Starting a show at 9:28 clearly separates it from any other show, and makes it very easy to remember. Do you think this idea was as brilliant as I do? Do you think it will actually help viewers to remember what time the show is on? Do you have any other ideas for how to get viewers to watch your show?

The idea to start this show was a great marketing strategy. Like Same had mentioned, it separates the television show from its competitors. Most people start their shows exactly on the hour or half hour, but by announcing the show will be on at 9:28. More people who are first time watchers will easily remember the show by it starting two minutes before all other shows. This is a great strategy even if they do not announce it to the viewers. From experience, one of my shows when I was younger was on the WB and started at 9 o' clock. I am the type of person that is always antsy when commercials are on and flip through stations until my show returns back on. By doing this I noticed that my show started about two minutes before the time it was supposed to start. I realized week after week the show was on it always started before other shows on channels above and below it. I think another idea to get viewers to watch my show would be to advertise short commercials. I know for me personally, I dislike long commercials. If a show advertised how short the commercials were I may be tempted to watch the program. Do you think it is important to be always finding new advertising strategies for television shows. Do you think viewers get sick of the same shows if there are many seasons of the show?

No comments:

Post a Comment